Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sometimes I Really Love My Job

Went back to work yesterday, on a Saturday!?... quite a disaster~ I received a special task on Friday, from my boss lar of course... he is expecting me to finish an earthquake analysis before... i go for my vacation. Wth... next Friday will be my last day of the month before i long gone for 2 weeks... and this is another so called urgent work which i have to finished in another 6 working days (well u know lar to every bosses every work also urgent one, some even urgent since last year)

further more every time i thought i finished something, definitely the boss will complain about this and that one, and make me touch up my computer model for at least 3 times. better safe than sorry, so i went back to do my work since i am a dedicated employee.

to tell u the truth, sometimes i really love my work. To many people, working as a structural engineer is boring. Especially those who work in the design office. If u are also in the industry, u will know what i meant. Yes if your work is routine and uninteresting. i used to think that way too, when i first join this industry.

note: actually i wanted to write an introduction about myself. about myself, what i do, what i am.. for sure i will one day!

My life is getting more and more interesting as i am involved with more and more challenging jobs which requires higher level of skills. Just look at what my boss ask me to do ASAP, and i did it in less than 1 day!
























i was thinking, maybe for other people, they will need one whole week to build up the computer model and make it running, without error! but hehe... sorry for bragging ^^


i used to envy Melvin's work. but come and think of this way... mine is not bad either.

i thought i used to like design, creativity, arts... but i'm very bad at drawing... especially drawing human graphics. but the least i can do is to draw my favourite cartoon character "bubbles" from PPG. but that was long time ago. i wanted to get myself involved in design and arts, just like Melvin... but my talent is just very limited.

but now, when i get the chance to do all these, i felt so great. maybe i am meant to be an engineer. i have all the job satisfaction from my current work now. In fact, i love it sometimes. i became so into my work until i am crazy about it sometimes.

it takes a lot of effort, interest, dedication to work on something u like... and also meeting the deadline at the same time.

i just feel glad sometimes, doing something which i love. just the stupid office politics which i need to deal with sometimes ^^ back to reality on Monday MuUuuuUuNday!!!

1 comment:

catcha said...

Sorry hah... Structures is not my cup of tea ever since the crap assignments in UNSW...

I am not sure whether it's a good idea to post photos (clients' confidentiality?) or write about your office/employers too much as I know some employers do care to check on what their employees write on the net... just becareful... kekeke